Earlier this year, we shared a neat trick for getting rid of those annoying message balloons in Windows 7, like the one below:
However, this shortcut only worked on Windows 7. But today, I’ll show you a trick to disable pop-up messages that works in Windows XP, Vista, as well as Windows 7. The best part is, this technique works without having to touch the registry or do any harm to your PC. Here’s how to do it in five easy steps.
1. Download and install TuneUp Utilities. You can download a free 15-day trial version on TuneUp’s website.
2. Launch TuneUp Utilities 2010 and click on “All functions” in the “Customize Windows” category.
3. Click on “Modify Windows settings” and go to the “Task Bar”.
4. Next, click the “Advanced” category tab and uncheck the following options and indicate the balloon tips you want to eliminate.
5. Hit “OK,” then log off and log back on.
That was easy, right? By following those simple steps, you will no longer see those annoying pop-up balloon messages in Windows XP, Vista, and 7.
8 Responses to “Five Steps for Disabling Annoying Messages in Windows XP, Vista, and 7”
- True or False? 10 Tweaks to Speed Up Your PC’s Boot Time (Part 2) » TuneUp Blog about Windows